The Aquarian Teacher Certification Program is open to both yoga students ready to become instructors and those who wish to immerse themselves in the science of Kundalini Yoga.
The concepts covered in this course include mudra, mantra, asana, pranayama, meditation, yogic and functional anatomy, yogic philosophy, the Aquarian Age, Humanology, sadhana, practical teaching, ethics, yogic lifestyle and more.
The structure and time frame of this course gives you a unique opportunity to really establish your practice and integrate the teachings so that you feel ready to begin teaching with confidence and with a connection to the community.
The Aquarian Teacher Program is the KRI Level One Certification Program in Kundalini Yoga. In Level One you will become an Instructor and learn the fundamental principles and practices of Kundalini Yoga.
KRI, The Kundalini Research Institute (www.kriteachings.org) based in New Mexico, USA administers the certification standards for Kundalini Yoga Teachers and is the review agency for materials, manuals, and other products developed to support the teachings of Kundalini Yoga.
KYTANZ, The Kundalini Yoga Teachers Association Australia & NZ (www.kundaliniyoga.com.au) offer a complimentary one-year Membership on completion of your course and you will be listed as an instructor on their website and receive a wide range of membership benefits including sponsorship opportunities, professional educational programs, newsletters, product discounts, listings in web directories and professional membership of IKYTA.
This is a 220+ hour course, which includes 180 hours of classroom instruction as well as homework, including reading and written assignments, a 40 day personal Sadhana (daily practice) and independent study.
The curriculum consists of six principle components, which you will be working with throughout the training.
- Kriya and Meditation – The Foundation of Kundalini Yoga.
- Humanology and Philosophy – The Lifestyle of a Kundalini Yoga Teacher.
- Anatomy and Physiology – The Basics of Yogic and Western Anatomy.
- Your Role as a Teacher – The Virtues and Values of a Teacher.
- The Master’s Touch – Cultivating a Connection.
- The Practicum.
Kriya & Meditation
The Foundation of Kundalini Yoga
Learn the theory and practice of Kundalini Yoga Kriyas and Meditations.
- Kriya: Understand the nature of kriya, a completed action, and its application to Kundalini Yoga, your life cycles, and more.
- Asana: Divine alignment and the science of angles and triangles as applied to Kundalini Yoga postures
- Pranayam: The science and technology of breath using breath retention and the body’s bandhas, breath of fire, one minute breath, sitali pranayam and more.
- Drishti: Dharana or concentration and the benefits of eye focus. The third eye, lotus point, moon centre and more.
- Mudra: Experience the qualities of different hand positions. gyan, buddhi, shuni and ravi mudras as well as venus lock and their relationship to mastering the elements
- Naad: The power of sound and mantra to raise the Kundalini and serve the consciousness in the Aquarian Age
- Meditation: Experience dozens of meditations to incorporate into your daily Kundalini Yoga practice.
Humanology & Philosophy
The Lifestyle of a Kundalini Yoga Teacher
Understand the history and tradition of Kundalini Yoga, as well as the underlying philosophy and concepts that make up the yogic tradition.
- The Good Life: Don’t drink, don’t smoke, what do you do? The disciplined life of a Teacher.
- Sadhana: The foundation of our lifestyle. Experience the practice of yoga and meditation before the sun rises.
- Shakti and Bhakti: Empowering your practice and surrendering through service.
- Good Eats: How to live as a vegetarian and love it!
- Applying ancient wisdom in contemporary times.
Anatomy & Physiology
The Basics of Yogic and Western Anatomy
Explore the purpose and function of the body’s systems and how they support the practice of Kundalini Yoga and the lifestyle of a Yogi:
- Physical body and its functions and systems: digestive system, respiratory system, nervous system, endocrine system, musculoskeletal system.
- The 10 Bodies: What are they and how do they inform your yoga practice and teaching?
- Nadis, vayus, and chakras: The basics of Yogic Anatomy and how they work through with the breath, the movement of energy and the awakening of the Self.
- Integration: How do the Western and Yogic Anatomy systems work together to support our understanding of health and the body’s functions?
Your Role as a Teacher
The Virtues and Values of a Teacher
Learn the roles and responsibilities as well as the skills and techniques of an effective instructor of Kundalini Yoga.
- Practical techniques for teaching beginners.
- Ethical guidelines for Teachers.
- Curriculum development.
- The transformational role and consciousness of a Teacher.
The Master's Touch
Cultivating a Connection
Develop an awareness of your connection to the Master, cultivate a relationship to the Golden Chain of Teachers, and serve the legacy of the teachings.
- Video classes with Yogi Bhajan, Master of Kundalini Yoga.
- Connecting to the Golden Chain: Experience the Master’s Touch.
- Serving legacy over lineage.
- Experiencing the subtle body of the Master: The tratakam meditation and the art of listening.
Develop an appreciation and understanding of yoga from a teacher’s perspective and experience teaching.
- Practice teaching Kundalini Yoga kriyas and meditation under the guidance of an experienced and professional teaching team.
- Receive feedback from practicum.
Our trainings are approved and registered with KRI - Kundalini Yoga Research Institute, the peak body for Kundalini Yoga Teacher Training around the world.
All of our Trainers and Support Trainers are professional members of KYTANZ - Kundalini Yoga Teachers Australia New Zealand Association Inc., a not for profit association.
KYTANZ serves the spiritual and professional growth and unity of all Kundalini Yoga Teachers in Australia and New Zealand as well as serving the wider community, by creating greater awareness and embracing the power of the teachings as taught by Yogi Bhajan.
Our intention is to truly embody the values of the Age of Aquarius, guided by openness, kindness, transparency and the consciousness that we are all One. We are committed to serving our community so that together we can be the “Lighthouse” serving and elevating each other, our community and the world.