Learn to Teach BreathWalk
Research teaches us the many physical, mental, health & wellness benefits of Walking, Meditating, Breathing and Mantra. BreathWalk combines them All !!!
This Learn to Teach BreathWalk Program is open to all KRI certified Kundalini Yoga Teachers ready to take the next step and learn invaluable tools, add another income stream and assist the community to improve and increase their vitality, mental health and wellness.
There are 5 key components that you will experience, learn and teach.
- Awaken: The awaken exercises are coordinated for the desired effect. Three to five different exercises are done for one to three minutes each. These are simple arm movements, postures and conscious breathing exercises.
- Align: Learning correct alignment techniques is vital to walking for maximum health benefits.
- Vitalise: A specific breathing pattern is used to achieve the desired effect for each Breath Walk. It may be for energising, mood control, mental clarity or connectedness. Techniques include segmented breathing and the use of mantra (primal sounds), either unvoiced or softly voiced. Segmented breathing coordinates with your walking rhythm, taking each step-in rhythm to the breathing. Most of the breathing techniques are done through the nose. The breathing-walking combinations, especially when combined with internally meditating on or whispering, clear the mind of constant self-chatter and allow you to walk with intention.
- Balance: The walk pace gradually slows allowing the senses to expand. Balance movements are usually done.
- Integrate: This is an “innerwalk” exercise to connect mind, body, and environment. Various exercises include “Play and Replay,” “Gathering Your Senses,” and “Expanding Bubble.”
This 90-hour program includes 24 hours face to face component that is run over 3 days filled with theory and practical activities. 66 hours are home study / practice.
The curriculum consists of the following:
- 24 hours of face-to-face training;
- 40 hours self-practise – 40 day Breath Walk sadhana (your choice);
- 16 hours reading course materials;
- 4 hours of breath walk practical teaching;
- 4 hours documenting your 4 practical teaching sessions; and
- 2 x 1 hour zoom group calls with Didar Kaur.
The structure and time frame of this course gives you a unique opportunity to really understand the 5 key components, mudra, mantra, pranayama, meditation, practical teaching and more. You will be able to integrate the teachings so that you feel ready to begin teaching with confidence to the community by the end of the course.
Our trainings are approved and registered with KRI - Kundalini Yoga Research Institute, the peak body for Kundalini Yoga Teacher Training around the world.
All of our Trainers and Support Trainers are professional members of KYTANZ - Kundalini Yoga Teachers Australia New Zealand Association Inc., a not for profit association.
KYTANZ serves the spiritual and professional growth and unity of all Kundalini Yoga Teachers in Australia and New Zealand as well as serving the wider community, by creating greater awareness and embracing the power of the teachings as taught by Yogi Bhajan.
Our intention is to truly embody the values of the Age of Aquarius, guided by openness, kindness, transparency and the consciousness that we are all One. We are committed to serving our community so that together we can be the “Lighthouse” serving and elevating each other, our community and the world.